Team Manager Legal Luxembourg
Lexius Search, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland - Netherlands
For our client, a dominant player in the corporate services industry in Luxembourg, we are
looking for a talented TEAMLEADER Legal & Corporate (TL)
As a TEAMLEADER Legal & Corporate (TL) you will co-manage together with the Teamleader Accounting a Team Unit under supervision of the Team Unit Director.
The TL is responsible for managing the day-to-day day legal, corporate and administrative affairs relating to client companies in one of the Team Units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· The TL manages the planning and activities of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
· He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with the standards.
· The TL monitors and reviews the status of the corporate and legal affairs of the client companies.
· The TL reviews the time writing of the Legal & Corporate sub-team on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the “Time Recording” process and procedure.
· The TL ensures pro-active participation in the cash collection of the outstanding invoices by the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the “Accounts Payable Management” process and procedure.
· He/she assists the TUD in hiring new staff members for the Team Unit.
· The TL organizes (and conducts where applicable) the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
· The TL is responsible for the people management process in the Legal & Corporate sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
Legal and Corporate Secretarial
· The TL supervises and signs-off on corporate and finance transactions, ensuring their timely and accurate execution.
· The TL ensures he/she and the Legal & Corporate sub-team fully understand the transactions.
· The TL together with the Teamleader Accounting ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions (incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings etc.).
· The TL ensures the proper incorporation of new client companies or as the case may be the transfer in of client companies from another service provider in accordance with processes and procedures.
· The TL ensures the proper opening of the bank accounts of the client company in accordance with our processes and procedures.
· The TL reviews and signs-off the drafting and/or review of legal and transaction documents in accordance with procedure and policy.
· The TL supports the Legal & Corporate sub-team(s) with answering complex legal & corporate matters and queries, in cooperation with Legal Director Client Services, if applicable and where necessary.
· The TL ensures the proper maintenance of the legal files e.g. completeness, accuracy, updating etc. of the Legal & Corporate sub-team in accordance with the processes and procedures.
· The TL ensures the legal review of the financial statements team in accordance with the process and procedure.
· The TL ensures timely acceptance of clients in accordance with the “Client Acceptance” process and procedure.
· The TL ensures timely periodic review of clients in accordance with process and procedure guidelines.
· The TL actively participates in risk management and compliance.
· The TL ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the Team Unit in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process and procedure.
· The TL ensures the Legal & Corporate sub-team follows the 24 hour response policy (internally and externally).
· The TL ensures appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client meetings.
· The TL ensures timely organization and preparation of board meetings e.g. leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes.
· The TL monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication between sub-team members and third parties.
· The TL takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
· The TL prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual Budgets.
· The TL attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present and its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients.
Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies
· The TL is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client companies in accordance with the “Directors and Managers” procedure and policy.
We are looking for individuals who:
· Obtained University or professional studies in law or an equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
· Gained a minimum of 9 years relevant experience in an international Law, Tax or Trust environment.
· Have solid knowledge of international tax law, Luxembourg law and international company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions).
· Gained team management expertise and who have excellent organization and communication skills as well as solid analytical skills.
· Are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
We offer you
a challenging job in a rapidly expanding international company, with an informal
company culture. There is the opportunity to expand your knowledge with excellent
prospects for a further international career in one of worldwide offices of our client.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae in English and
covering letter outlining your interest in the role via e-mail to email@example.com
De Experteer salarisbenchmark toont de door Experteer geschatte martkwaarde voor de betreffende positie. Het gaat hier expliciet niet om een door de recruiter aangegeven salaris, maar om een schatting die uitsluitend op martkgegevens gebaseerd is.
Voor de door Experteer geschatte benchmark zijn zowel interne gegevens geanalyseerd, als ook een verscheidenheid aan externe informatie. De Experteer salarisbenchmark kan tot 15% boven of onder het daadwerkelijke salaris liggen. In uitzonderlijke gevallen zijn ook grotere afwijkingen mogelijk.
De Recruiter Benchmark geeft een indicatie van het te verwachten inkomen. Het daadwerkelijke salaris wordt bepaald door factoren als relevante werkervaring en expertise van de persoon in kwestie.